Below are scientific studies conducted by various groups showing the benefits of taking CoQ10 supplement:
- Kumar A, Kaur H, Devi P, Mohan V. Role of coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) in cardiac disease, hypertension and Meniere-like syndrome. Pharmacology & Therapeutics 124 (2009) 259-268.
- Mizuno K, Tanaka M, Nozaki S, Mizuma H, Ataka S, Tahara T, Sugino T, Shirai T, Kajimoto Y, Kuratsune H, Kajimoto O, Watanabe Y. Antifatigue effects of coenzyme Q10 during physical fatigue. Nutrition. 2008 Apr;24(4):293-9. doi: 10.1016/j.nut.2007.12.007. Epub 2008 Feb 13.
- Zeb I, Ahmadi N, Nasir K, Kadakia J, Larijani VN, Flores F, Li D, Budoff MJ. Aged Garlic Extract and Coenzyme Q10 have Favorable Effect on Inflammatory Markers and Coronary Atherosclerosis Progression: A randomized Clinical Trial. Journal of Cardiovascular Disease Research. 2012 Jul; 3(3):185-90. doi: 10.4103/0975-3583.98883.
- Jing L, Kumari S, Mendelev N, Li Pa. Coenzyme Q10 Ameliorates Ultraviolet B Irradiation Induced cell Death through Inhibition of Mitochondrial Intrinsic Cell Death Pathway. International Journal of Molecular Science. 2011; 12(11):8302-15. doi: 10.3390/ijms12118302. Epub 2011 Nov 24.
- Kalayci M, Unal MM, Gul S, Acikgoz S, Kandemir N, Hanci V, Edebali N, Acikgoz B. Effect of Coenzyme Q10 on Ischemia and Neuronal Damage in an Experimental Traumatic Brain-injury Model in Rats. BMC Neuroscience. 2011 Jul 29;12:75. doi: 10.1186/1471-2202-12-75.
- Wagner AE, Ernst IM, Birringer M, Sancak O, Barella L, Rimbach G. A Combination of Lipoic Acid Plus Coenzyme Q10 Induces PGC1a, a Master Switch of Energy Metabolism, Improves Stress Response, and Increases Cellular Glutathione Levels in Cultured C2C12 Skeletal Muscle Cells. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity. 2012;2012:835970. doi: 10.1155/2012/835970. Epub 2012 May 9.
Krill Oil Research
Below are scientific studies conducted by various groups showing the benefits that Krill Oil can deliver:
- Schuchardt et al.: Incorporation of EPA and DHA into plasma phospholipids in response to different omega-3 fatty acid formulations - a comparative bioavailability study of fish oil vs. krill oil. Lipids in Health and Disease 2011 10:145.
- Banni et al.: Krill oil significantly decreases 2- arachidonoylglycerol plasma levels in obese subjects. Nutrition & Metabolism 2011 8:7.
- Burri L, Berge K, Wibrand K, Berge RK, Barger JL. Differential Effects of Krill Oil and Fish Oil on the Hepatic Transcriptome in Mice. Frontier in Genetics. 2011; 2:45. Published online 2011 July 12. Prepublished online 2011 April 11. doi:10.3389/fgene.2011.00045.
- Ferramosca A, Conte A, Burri L, Berge K, De Nuccio F, Giudetti AM, Zara V. A Krill Oil Supplemented Diet Suppresses Hepatic Steatosis in High-Fat Fed Rats. PLoS One. 2012;7(6):e38797. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0038797. Epub 2012 Jun 7.
- Wibrand et al.: Enhanced cognitive function and antidepressant-like effects after krill oil supplementation in rats. Lipids in Health and Disease 2013 12:6.